Completed Fic of the Week 6/18-6/24

July 15, 2010
Get Me To You by Chicklette

Summary: Winner of Winter 2010 Indie! Pet names and Pop Tarts. Sunday mornings with Etta and Ella. Cibola. Candymouth. You finally realize the truth. What if it's too late? M for drinking, drug use, sex and effing language. ExBxJxAxEm/POV, AH, OOC.

I'm in my late 30's and this story made me feel like I was back in high school. You have the jock/cool guy Edward, the new girl Bella, and the all-around sweetheart Jasper.

Bella is in love with Edward - who is too cool to love anyone. Jasper and Bella are best friends, and Jasper has been in love with clueless Alice for years and she does not return the feelings. You have crazy Emmett and Rose in the mix also.

Edward breaks Bella's heart (go figure) and Jasper is there to pick up the pieces. They find out that their feelings run deeper then friendship. It's a perfect fit. After the fact, Edward figures out he does have feelings for Bella and Alice decides that maybe she does like Jasper or does she want what she can't have?

Jasper & Bella are very happy together for awhile until Jasper takes a trip with Rose and Alice. Alice puts into motion something that will change all their lives. Will Bella end up with Edward? Can things be fixed? The silent hero in this story, I believe, is Emmett.

The main thing that struck me is that there is no dialog; it’s all internal, so you switch points of view a lot, which is necessary because you need to get the whole picture. A part of me understood Bella and her behavior all too well. We have all been there, in high school just trying to survive.

I could go on and on about this story but I don't want to spoil it for you. It's a MUST read. It's sweet and heartbreaking at the same time.

So this is Lady Tazz saying that this story hits a home run with me. Till next time, happy reading!

Banner by Meads

1 comments:

  1. Chicklette said...:

    :)
    I just wanted to say hi and say thank you so much for recommending my story on your site! <3

Post a Comment