Agrutle's Review of the Week: 10/18-10/24

October 18, 2010

The Surrogate by TayBee
Reviewed by Agrutle
*This story is no longer available* 

Rating: M
Genre: Drama/Romance
Characters: Edward/Bella

Summary: Desperate for a job, Bella meets with Esme and Carlisle Salmon, who have been trying to conceive for four years. She falls in love with them both, and decides to become their surrogate. Her best friends are all getting married and pregnant, they'll be sure to help her through it. And it's only for nine months, right? Angsty.

I started reading this story because of the cliffy in the summary and it did not disappoint. You find Bella fresh out of grad school and single. She is looking for a job and a way to use her degree and make some money. Everyone around her has grown and changed and she feels stuck. Looking through the want ads she finds something she didn’t even realize she was looking for.

She sat in the rocking chair in the nursery and wiped a small tear out of her eye. "You can't understand how badly we want this Bella. You are giving us such a wonderful gift."

"I'm glad I can do it." I said honestly. I might have gone to that house for the wrong reasons, but they had all changed as soon as I met Esme. I wanted to carry this baby for them. Only them.

Meeting Carlisle and Esme changed everything for Bella. You can feel the love that they have for each other and the desire to have a child. You can feel the connection that they make with Bella and how they become fast friends.

Esme walked to the cup and stared at it for a moment before grabbing the stick and placing it on the counter on tissue paper. I didn't look. When I finally realized my eyes were closed I looked to Esme. She was looking at me with tears in her eyes.

I'm not pregnant.

A small sob escaped my chest. "Oh my God, Esme I'm sorry." I said quickly. "We can try again. I'll go as soon as we can."

A small sob of a laugh escaped from Esme. "No, Bella," she said, "you're pregnant." She broke down, sitting on the floor of my bathroom while I sat next to her and the both of us cried. She was so happy. They were finally having a baby.

Watch as Bella goes through the pregnancy and all the ups and downs that follow. See how she deals with her life and what she goes through after a tragic event that changes all the rules. Her relationships change and grow as does her stomach. This was a wonderful story that has happy and sad at times. You will love this story and how it makes you think about what is and what isn’t important in life.

Banner by JaimeArkin

0 comments:

Post a Comment