Brand New Fic of the Week: 10/25-10/31

October 27, 2010

Trippin, Slippin, Stumbletumblin by YellowGlue
 http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6354427/1/Trippin_Slippin_Stumbletumblin
Review by KylaPricky
*This story is no longer available* 

Rating: M
Genre: Angst/Romance
Characters: Edward/Bella

Summary: a tale of pirouettes and prayers. Marseilles and a mosaic-heart. whispers and white dahlias. leg warmers and LSD. Turtle and tutus. SixtyFour and "Since I've been Loving You". lies and lilacs. truth and the trouble with it. blood… and bearing a grudge.

"How do you spell love?" Piglet asked.

"You don't spell love," Pooh replied. "You feel it."


“So I made Vigilance my home away from home, and it's surrounding streets - Sagacity, Providence, and Prudence - my haunts. I learned new ways, not for her but for us. I learned to love and respect time with patience because every passing second of it she was growing.
Taller. Stronger. Sweeter.


Every hour, day, and year that passed, more and more new blood vessels bloomed to life in the bluepurple forest just under her skin. Each little red one knew my name and each little white one sang hymns only I understood.” - Edward

This story is not unlike any fic I have ever read, it is unlike anything I have ever read.

I must admit, the first chapter left me confused but still the author kept me totally in tune with her Bella. I didn’t know exactly what Edward and Bella’s relationship was but the signs of pure sweetnesss before he leaves and her sorrow was so unbearable to take, it brought tears to my eyes.

As the story continues to bloom and blossom, I can only imagine the effect YellowGlue’s words will have on me.

This girl writes like water. The words flow effortlessly from her and her writing is more like a watercolor painting than a story. She paints the most vivid images that will evoke strong reactions from all of your senses. How she describes the flower Edward gives Bella in itself shows the traits of a true visionary.

It’s rare to be lucky enough to experience a writing style such as this.

It’s not only like you are there and experiencing it but you actually feel it. Every word has a purpose and has emotion tied to it. And I’m not talking about feeling it, like in a lemon twitching kind of way, but you feel every touch and every gesture of Edwards love.

You just feel it. All of it. Every bit of it.

Bella is a young dancer and it seems as though Edward has been her friend all of her life. He comes in through her window and reads her to sleep every night. They have been together for so long that she remembers him reading her Winnie the Pooh. Freaking massive swoon alert. This story so far as had me swooning more than any other fic but yet in such a different way. Bella and Edward have a special connection and at this part in the story, they aren’t lovers but it’s obvious they are more.

Check out this little beauty of a quote. This is after a pulled muscle from a day of dancing and Edward is trying to soothe Bella’s pain;

“He skimmed his nose over my skin once more, barely touching and I felt him breathe in. I tried to swallow the sound that threatened to come out of me, digging my teeth into the side of my lip as he spoke so low I almost didn't hear him at all.


"Shh," he whispered once more. "I'm talking to God."

I mean come on, really? That’s poetry.

The way YellowGlue describes things seem so natural that it’s inspiring. Stories hit me the hardest when the writers write with so much depth and heart that they make me feel like I’m getting a peak into the window of their soul.

Usually I pick two maybe three quotes but I mean jebus how could I choose? This is an extreme understatement but this Edward has a gift with words,

“Wished I'd been there, next to her when she woke up to sunshine, just once.”

Le sigh...you think that’s good? Hold up....

“I wished for sleep now, instead of death only because I couldn't die. Not yet. Not while her heart was still making music somewhere.”

SWOOOOOOOON

This is a different vamp Edward. He’s so romantic but in a classic gothic way. There’s no mind reading and let’s just say he runs with a different crowd. Also Bella is more to him than a singer and I’m so interested in what his “hunger” for her really is and what it entails. (that’s right, I said hunger, not thirst)

This story is only four chapters in and even though I am not entirely sure what is going on; that doesn’t matter. I feel it, I hunger for more and it sings to me.

YellowGlue is one of those writers that others writers are jealous of and you will be doing yourself a great disservice but not reading this story. If I haven’t convinced you yet just read the Edward gem below;

“I hadn't known what I wanted with her then, just that she was for me and I for her. That I would take all of her, and she all of me.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment