Completed Fic of the Week: 10/4-10/11

October 05, 2010

Engine 17 by EmmaleeWrites05
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5459813/1/Engine_17
Review by agrutle

Rating: M
Genre: Romance/Hurt/Comfort
Characters: Edward/Bella

Summary: Edward is fresh out of the Fire Academy and gets hired to the hottest fast paced fire department in the Seattle area meeting the closest tight nit fire family there is. Only they will help him get through the darkness he harbors from his past and see what's in store for his future. Perhaps a brown eyed beauty with a past of her own will help him along the way to becoming the firefighting hero of his dreams. Rated M for fire and medical situations you probably never thought you would know and of course – maybe some of the citrus variety along the way.

Let me just say that reading a story about a fire fighting Edward was one of the easiest things I have ever done. Emmaleewrites05 has a way of making this story feel like your reading a movie of their lives. No, not everything is picture perfect, but they have a way of being the couple you want them to be despite their flaws. Everything is so descriptive that you can’t help but feel as though you are right there with them.

“I could feel the tingling in my fingers as the adrenaline raced through my system. This was it. This is what I have been waiting for. Several years of college, many hours of volunteer time and now I stand at the precipice of love. Not love for another in the sense of being in love. No, love for the chase, for the fight.”

As Edward and Bella go through the day to day life as firefighters you see their relationship grow. Knowing that they both have issues from their pasts only makes you want them to fight that much harder for each other.

“I can't let him get that close where one or both of us gets hurt because of my past. It's the reason why I don't do commitment; it's the reason why I can't get close to anyone on more than a friend level. It's why I am preprogrammed to fail. I'm never going to be good enough, so why try just so I can fail? It wasn't worth it. So if I have to do one night stands, spend eternity living in my studio apartment alone and just have my friends as company – I'll do it. I don't ever want to be that person who inflicts the same heartbreak I had on anyone else.”

This author had a way of putting everything technical in to the story without making you feel overwhelmed. You could tell that she has a knowledge about the inter-workings of the life of firefighters and EMT’s. The ups and downs of this story make for an exciting and emotional journey. I think you should check out this amazing story about some hot firefighters that lead interesting lives.

0 comments:

Post a Comment