WIP of the Week: 9/5/11

September 12, 2011

substance clad in shadows by hollelujah
Review by Obsmama

Rating: M
Genre: Angst/Romance
Characters: Edward & Bella

Summary: Bella's only release comes in the form of distantly orbiting the life of Edward Cullen. As with any addiction, however, she's always left wanting more. "Mad is a term we use to describe a man who is obsessed with one idea and nothing else." Ugo Betti

"Mad is a term we use to describe a man who is obsessed with one idea and nothing else." 
Ugo Betti. 

That quote is used in the summary of this story and I was hooked just from that. Most of us read and enjoy a Darkward, an Edward who has issues or possessive tendencies, but what about Bella? What if she’s the dark one, what if she's the possessive one?

My other hand drops from his neck to unzip him, and then I am reaching in and pulling out and he's long, hot, hard in my hand as I stroke, stroke, stroke and he lets out a long, low moan.

"Good?" 

"You… ah… you know it is," he answers breathlessly. 

"You're big," I observe conversationally. "I'm very small. I don't think there's any way you'll fit inside me."

He frowns. "Stop… teasing me." 

"Teasing you?" I ask with a squeeze. 

"I'll fit," he gasps. "Of course I'll fit. I'll fill you up…" he groans again as I squeeze harder. "Shit." 

"You'll fill me up?" 

"Yeah…" 

"You mean while you're fucking me?" He nods quickly, his breathing a harsh sound. 

"We'll see about that," I whisper. "I didn't come here to stare at your bedroom ceiling while you get off." 

He huffs a sharp laugh. "You don't think I can get you off?" 

I smile, and there is fire in it. 

When I began this story I was intrigued, to say the least, by Bella and the different masks she seems to wear in her life. She is a very well developed character with layers and flaws. Yet, at the core, the reader is always rooting for her, always seeing some light within her. I always want to see what she will do next, as she slowly begins to expose herself under the cold wall she’s constructed. As her past is revealed and the trouble she’s gotten herself into and also out of, you can’t help but feel as if your taking this journey with her. It’s a complex story of desire and what a person is willing to do to get their desire.

The scenes between Edward and Bella are so phenomenally done. You, as the reader, are rooting for this woman who is stalking this man. You want him to talk to her, you want him to ask her for dinner. It’s amazing how the author is unraveling this story. Edward is also a very well developed character I can’t wait to learn more about him. I have to say there are scenes in stories that stand out for me that I always associate with a character and one of mine for him is this scene in which Bella is finally interacting with the object of her desire.

"Bella. Bella, Bella, Bella," he rambles. 

"You're drunk," I laugh lightly. 

"So? Go somewhere with me." 

"Where?" 

"Anywhere. The bathroom. My car." He leans closer, his hot breath fanning over my shoulder. 

"Anywhere," he repeats. 

"Hm. And what would we do there?" His head comes up, eyes burning blearily into my own. "I'd—we'd do—I'd fuck you, Bella." 

"Would you?" His face falls back into the crook of my neck. "Mmhm," he mumbles. I can feel him speaking against my skin. 

"I can't hear you." 

"I said," he sloppily scream-whispers into my ear. "You look delicious. I could eat you up." 

"You're too kind." 

"Not kind, Bella," he sighs, all drunken arousal and exasperation. "Look." My eyes follow his hand to where it gestures to his lap. It's too dark to see anything, but I'm fairly certain what he's trying to say. 

"What?" I ask innocently. 

"This," he growls, grabbing my hand and placing it on his semi-erect cock. 

After a millisecond of hesitation, I flex my fingers experimentally and he makes a small sound against my neck. 

"Again," he commands. 

That second when something dark flashes in his eyes and he tells her he’s not kind you can tell that there is something dark and deep brewing between these two. I can’t say enough about how well done this story is with 15 chapters so far and without feeling as if I’m giving the plot away. But, I’m beyond impressed with this new to twilight author, she really seems to have a talent at creating strong, realistic, broken characters. I can’t wait to see what she does next with them.

0 comments:

Post a Comment