JasperLuver48's Rec of the Week: 9/26/11

September 28, 2011

A Madness Most Discreet by Vampireisthenewblack
Review by JasperLuver48

Rating: M
Genre: Romance
Characters: Edward & Jasper

Summary: I'm pretty sure Edward Cullen hates my guts. It's the way he looks at me, the way he stares so intensely. If that were the extent of the problem it would be easy to ignore, but it's not. Because I'm pretty sure I'm in love with him. AH E/J Slash NC-17 

A Madness Most Discreet was originally an entry for the In the Closet anonymous one-shot contest on FFn and I fell in love with the story instantly before I ever knew that vampireisthenewblack was the one who wrote it. When the contest was over and I got the alert in my email that Vamp posted a new story, I ran to check it out and when I saw that this was her story, I squeed out loud.

I should have known from the way the story was written that it was hers. The way she writes brings a quality of realism that isn’t seen too often in the fantasy world of fan fiction. She makes the characters believable and their personalities are those of people you’d want to be friends with in real life. She immediately draws you in and completely takes you on a journey that you don’t want to end.

In the story, told from Jasper’s point of view, he is pretty sure Edward Cullen hates his guts and that is not a good thing, because Jasper’s pretty sure he’s in love with him. Jasper’s sister Rose is dating Edward’s older brother Emmett and so his parents have decided to have their whole family over for dinner.

They warn Jasper to be nice, Edward’s family is rich so they must impress them and they don’t want to be embarrassed. When Jasper is forced to be social at the party, he can’t help but be bewildered by Edward’s actions. He still ignores Jasper but has some nice things to say about him when asked.

When dinner is over and Jasper is sent in to do the dishes, Edward is quickly volunteered to go help him.

The tension of the situation is palpable and builds intensely until finally Edward breaks the silence and demands to know why Jasper hates him, why he won’t talk to him. Jasper is shocked to his core to find out that Edward Cullen is in fact gay and Edward likes him.

The make out session that happens afterward is hot and then Jasper invites Edward up to his room to play video games. Yeah, like that’s really what’s going to happen… *giggle*

The rest of the story is the sexy journey the boys take together, discovering how fun and difficult being in a relationship is. The story is twelve chapters in so far and on a hiatus until the new year while she works on her other projects. It ends at the perfect spot for part one and I for one am stoked for the next chapter of these boys’ journey to start.

I’ve been a big fan of vampireisthenewblack since someone recommended her fic Say Something Else to me a while back and I read the story in one night, bawling my eyes out along the way. So with her on author alert, you will never ever be disappointed.

Take a moment and check out the story, don’t forget to leave her some love, and of course, you are very welcome, because I’m sure you’ll all be thanking me for getting you addicted to this wonderful, wonderful author!

0 comments:

Post a Comment