WIP of the Week: 9/17-9/23

September 17, 2010

Beautiful Nightmare by Simone and Marie
 http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5908974/1/Beautiful_Nightmare
Reviewed By Marriedmyedward

Rating: M
Genre: Drama/Angst
Characters: Jasper/Alice

Summary: It took only one night, one action, for Jasper's world to be shattered. Will Edward and Co be able to pick up the pieces or will newcomer Alice be the one to stop the nightmares? Not your average fairytale. Jasper/Alice A/H Some non canon couples

Before I even start my review I just have to say this...Because of Simone and Marie, I'm now a fanfic hoor!...and I thank them for this lol. It was their story Sex on Fire that got me hooked. Then about halfway through SoF, Simone started a story of her own (with Marie's help of course) called Beautiful Nightmare. This is what brings me here today...

I'm more of a E/B pairing myself, but because Simone and Marie were involved with this story, I had to give it a try. I'm so glad that I did because it's such a wonderful story.

Beautiful Nightmare is a J/A pairing. Jasper has a 2 year old son named Charlie Jackson (CJ) and Jasper is raising him on his own after his wife, Eve, is brutality murdered in their home. This story starts off almost a year after Eve's death and shows the struggles that Jasper is having emotionally over the sudden death of the love of his life. He struggles with the fact that he hasn't really told his 2 year old son that his mommy is never coming back and debates whether he should tell him or not. Also, Jasper is told by his friends that maybe it's time to move on and find somebody else. This upsets Jasper even more as he still has strong feelings for his wife, even in death, and feels like if he gets involved with anybody that he would be cheating on Eve. Around Thanksgiving, Alice shows up in town because her car broke down in front of where Emmett works. Emmett calls Jasper to see if he could look at the car, as he owns a car shop. He sends out Paul, one of his mechanics, to take a look.

It turns out that Paul and Alice get along pretty well and Paul decides that he is going to bring Alice to Thanksgiving dinner the next day, so that Alice wouldn't be alone for the holiday. The same Thanksgiving dinner which Jasper will also be attending. What poor Jasper isn't aware of is that from that moment on, his whole world is going to be turned upside down and he will find himself questioning everything in his life, including his marriage to Eve.

All of the characters involved with this fanfiction are wonderful, but the characters that capture my heart most, well, Jasper for one, but the interaction of a certain little 2 year old and his Uncle Eddie is what totally captures my heart. I find myself giggling away long after I read the update.

CJ nods as he replies, "Okay but Aunt Heidi says he needs to settle down and find a good woman to wash his underwear."

For the second time that night, I choke on my dessert as Edward practically sprays out his soda everywhere in shock,

"Aunt Heidi said this?" he asks CJ while trying to hide the shock in his voice.

"Uh huh to Uncle Em." CJ replies while swirling the ice cream in his bowl.

"Lovely." Edward replies simply while I try to stop laughing like a madman.

Oh boy, I would hate to be Heidi when Edward catches up with her, although I would love to be a fly on the wall for that particular conversation.

"What else did your Aunt Heidi say, bud?" I ask curiously.

"That Uncle Eddie has too many play toys." CJ replies and this time, I cannot hold it in, and I burst out laughing much to Edward's chagrin.

"Play toys huh?" I smirk in Edward's direction.

Edward rolls his eyes as he replies, "You shouldn't listen to everything your Aunt Heidi says, she spends too much time watching Dr. Phil."

I catch Edward's attention and this time mouth 'play toys?' in his direction, even though I really didn't want to know what he did with them, even though I had some kind of idea.

Edward shrugs in my direction before he mutters, "It's not like I bring any around."

"Uncle Eddie can I have some of your play toys, you always tell me to share," CJ asks and I gape open mouthed at him before looking at Edward who has turned a shade of pink.

"Um..." he says.

I jump in to save him. "Er, no buddy, they aren't the type of toys you'd want to play with," I tell him as I wipe the excess ice cream from his face.

"Are they not rated E for everyone like the TV says?'

"No bud, they're rated E for Edward," I say while I try to hide my smirk.

This story is amazing! I can't stress that enough. I find myself going “How would I react in this situation if I lost my husband or if my husband lost me how would he react?” It's just heartbreaking at times but it's like I always say...In order to see the light, you have to go through the darkness first. Trust me...there is much darkness Jasper has to go through but continue on with the story and I promise you won’t regret it.

So read read read peeps and spread the word because Beautiful Nightmare should be read by EVERYONE!

Banner by JaimeArkin

0 comments:

Post a Comment