Brand New Fic of the Week: 9/3-9/9

September 05, 2010

Who Says You Can't Have It All by phoenix fan1
 http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6202913/1/Who_Says_You_Cant_Have_It_All
Review by KylaPricky
 
Rating: M
Genre: Romance/Supernatural
Characters: Edward/Bella

Summary: Edward can't stand that Bella has to sacrifice so much to marry him and become a vampire. He is determined to find a way to give her everything she never knew she always wanted. AU/OOC/canon pairings. Rated M for language and lemons.

This story begins with Bella and Edward’s four year old son asking his mommy why she and daddy are always so cold...

This fic is a completely different spin on the last book in the Twilight Saga, Breaking Dawn.

I’ve heard a lot of people in this fandom complain about the connection or lack thereof between Edward and Renesmee in Breaking Dawn. Well, if you were one of the many that was really hoping to see a Daddyward that made your girly insides pang, I’m happy to say, you’re in luck.

What if Edward had found out during his time in South America, when he left Bella in New Moon, that it was possible for a vampire and human to create a child? What if Edward had done everything in his power to make sure Bella wouldn’t miss any life or rather human experience?

But the most important question this fic summons is; what if Edward had longed to be a father?

This story tugged on my heart strings from the very second that Bella explains the happy little family life that Edward and her have created. She talks of sweet whispers with her husband as they watch their little symbol of life and love sleep peacefully.

There is just something about a good daddy, ain’t there ladies?

The next chapter takes us back to about a month before Bella and Edward are to be married and that’s when Edward drops the bomb on her. He asks Bella if she would want to have his child.
Of course Bella is blown away by this question. She had always thought it was not even possible for her and Edward to conceive, so the thought of a baby had never even crossed her mind. She worries that it’s a ploy to keep her human for longer. But Bella can’t help but start to wonder, what it would be like to have a child with the love of her existence.

I love this story for many reasons, but the main one is this Edward. He seems much more human in his inner monologues than one sees in most vampire fics. He definitely, no matter how sweet or in love with Bella he is, still has the seventeen year old boy hormones that I personally just love to see,

“I laughed. "Not quite yet, Love. But in twenty-seven days…" I trailed off and then wiggled my eyebrows at her. She gaped at me and her demeanor quickly changed. Suddenly she wasn't so irritated with me.

"Edward Cullen, you are such a tease," Bella said in a flirtatious tone.

"I'm not teasing you baby, I'm promising you…" This beautiful creature was going to be my wife in less than a month and I wanted to flirt with her.

I always tried to keep up the facade that I was a dignified man. I tried to pretend that my Bella's beautiful, sexy body didn't call to me more than even her blood did at this point.

I tried to act like every touch from her didn't turn me on. I tried to pretend that I didn't desperately need to rush home to take an inappropriately long shower every morning after spending the night with Bella in her bed.

Now, more than ever, knowing that our wedding night was so close, I felt more and more like a horny seventeen year old who just wanted to throw Bella down on the bed... or on the floor… or on the grass in our meadow… or–...”

This Edward also wants to be a father. Not just for Bella’s sake, but for his own. He loves Bella and he wants to create a family with her and I think that is so unbelievably touching and I also think that the canon Edward would have felt that way if he had found out Bella could have a baby any other way than how he found out in the real, Breaking Dawn.

I’m so very anxious to see how this story unfolds. Bella and Edward have just discovered that them having a baby is possible and they have decided to jump through all the hoops they have to get their family. And I really can’t wait to see what all they do to prepare for a family and I’m beyond excited, as I know most of you would be too, to see them try for a baby.

“Well, I can't guarantee that we'll get a boy, Love. But I will do my best to make all of your dreams come true." “And all of my dreams, too.”- Edward

And ....cue the swooning...Now! Go. Read. It’s only three lovely chapters in and see what Edward could have been like as a heavily involved and heavily affectionate ovary busting daddy.

1 comments:

  1. Phoenix Fan1 said...:

    Thank you so much for your lovely review! I appreciate it more than I can say.

    As I explained in my author's note for chapter one, I really wanted to see Edward as a father. Sounds like I wasn't alone out there! For the rest of you that wanted to see DaddyWard, I hope you will follow me on this journey.

    Thanks again so very much!

    Phoenix Fan1

Post a Comment