Writer Submitted Fic: 3/14-3/20

March 17, 2011

Falling Away with You By Shadowed by Passion
Review by Marriedmyedward
*This Story is No Longer Available* 

Rating: M
Genre: Romance/Angst
Characters: Bella/Jake and Bella/Edward

Summary: Bella is in a loveless marriage after having a child with a one night stand whos name she never got. Rated M for language, lemons, suggestion of suicide. B/J and B/E HEA

This is another one of those stories that when I saw the title, it caught my eye and pulled me towards it. I'm so glad I chose this story.

The story starts with Bella being so unhappy in her marriage, she is contemplating the worst to get out of it. Then she thinks of her daughter, Lilly, and decides otherwise, knowing that she could never leave her daughter's side. Turns out that Lilly came about by total accident a few years back when Bella had a one night stand with a total stranger. She never got his name or any of his personal info. After all, it was supposed to be a one night stand. A month goes by, and she find out that not only did she get the promotion she was hoping for at work, but she got a personal promotion as well...becoming a mom. Bella was told that she couldn't have, or rather that it would be difficult for her to have children, so imagine her surprise when she found out that indeed, it was possible.

A few more years go by and she meets Jake. They get married and almost a year into her marriage, Bella realizes that she isn't happy and after lunch with her co-worker and fellow best friend, Rose and Rose's friend Alice, Bella finds her salvation and her name is Esme Cullen. This sets the ball rolling and in the process of waiting for their meeting, Bella finds out some things about Jake that sends Bella into a frenzy and knows that now is as good a time as any to get things moving quicker than they have been.

This passage kind of explains a bit how Bella feels about her marriage...

The ideas and possibilities were flying thru my mind so fast. I knew what I wanted, but figuring out how to get it was so hard. I wanted this to be over. I was miserable. I hated my life. As much as I hated being alone and trying to keep myself whole so I could care for Lilly, I hated it even more now that I was with Jake. He was like poison to me. He made me feel like I would never be good enough. He said he loved my faults and the damage my past had done- all of it. But his claim to love was never enough to make me feel that it was true.

I sat up in bed with my head against the headboard, staring at the ceiling. I tried to get my mind off the idea of killing myself as I knew there was a good chance I wouldn't be successful. I let my mind wander to happier times. Sickening as it was, I thought back to the night when my life changed.

This story leaves you guessing, is the mystery man going to come back into her life? Or is she going to meet somebody entirely different that may change her life forever? Hmmm...I think you should go check out Falling Away With You and find out for yourself.

0 comments:

Post a Comment