LadyTazz's Rec of the Week: 3/28-4/3

March 28, 2011

There Goes My Life by sweetishbubble
Review by LadyTazz

Rating: M
Genre: Drama/Hurt/Comfort

This story is an All Human Bella/Edward pairing.

This story is nine chapters in and what drew me to this story was the teen pregnancy aspect. Bella gets pregnant her senior year, and boyfriend Edward does not take the news well. He even goes as far as asking her if she is sure the baby is his.

From Chapter 1 (Charlie's POV)

"Did you and Edward break up?" She didn't answer me, but I could tell her crying was heavier now. "Did something happen?"

"Yeah."

"Did he cheat on you?"

"No. I...I'm pregnant, Dad."

Pregnant? My Bella...pregnant? This couldn't be happening. All the air left my lungs and it felt like the room was spinning. Pregnant. My sweet little girl who was going to make a better life for herself than I did was pregnant? Where was Edward? Why wasn't he here?

"Oh," I said. I didn't know what else to say at that moment. What else could I say? "Does Edward know?"

"Yeah. I told him today."

"What did he say?"

"He left. He told me to take care of it or whatever and left. He doesn't want me anymore, Dad. What am I going to do?"

"So let me get this straight," I said. "That little prick gets you pregnant and then decides he doesn't want the responsibility?"

Bella's POV

Did you hear about Edward and Bella?" I recognized the voice as Jessica.

"Yeah. I heard they broke up. How sad," Angela said.

"I heard she's pregnant and doesn't know whose it is."

"What do you mean?" Angela asked.

"You remember when Edward was gone a few weeks ago? Well I heard she was dating some other guy on the side and now she doesn't know who the father is."

The door opened again, but I didn't hear any footsteps.

"What did Edward say?"

"He dumped her right on the spot!" Jessica laughed

From Chapter 2 (Bella's POV)

I thought after a week had passed people would settle down, but no such luck. Every time I walked into a room, people looked at me differently. I could only image how they looked at Charlie. He was so well respected in the community and I worried that all of this had tarnished some of that. He never expected me to be perfect and I knew this was taking a toll on him, especially since I still hadn't figured out if I was keeping the twins or placing them up for adoption. I knew I needed to make up my mind soon, but it was difficult. They were a part of Edward and me. I wasn't sure if I was strong enough to just hand them over to a stranger.

Edward and I were still barely speaking. He had apologized for causing me to get so upset the day I found out I was pregnant, but that day changed everything. The man I loved so dearly broke my heart into a million pieces, and I wondered if that could never be mended. The words he spoke, and his actions, were unforgivable. I hated him for it. Granted, I wasn't expecting him to be excited, but I never expected him to deny them and basically call me a whore.

~*~*~

I remember high school all too well. I can't imagine what it we be like to be in Bella's shoes, in love with a boy of your dreams, then finding out your pregnant and he completely turns his back on you. The heartbreak and growing up that Bella is forced to do and endure just breaks my heart.

During Bella's pregnancy things just seems to get worse for her and Edward. He takes a step forward and then the idiot does something stupid (mainly with Tanya, she is the devil) and he ends up taking like ten steps back. I swear men, or in his case boys are so stupid and thick headed. I believe this story is about growing up. Bella doesn't always make the right decisions but she does what she has to for her and her babies, and as for Edward, I just want to smack the hell out of him.

Will a tragic accident wake Edward up and make him see what he has right in front of him? Can their relationship be mended after so much heartbreak? Can one really forgive and forget? Go read this amazing and heartbreaking story, remember to bring plenty tissues and something to punch.

Will this story have a Happily Ever After? I really hope so!

0 comments:

Post a Comment