Completed Fic of the Week: 3/7-3/13

March 08, 2011

The First Time by evenflo78
Reviewed by RaeCullen
 
Rating: M
Genre: Romance/Tragedy
Characters: Edward/Bella

Summary: A classic tale of boy meets girl. Join Edward on his trip down memory lane, from first sight to the inevitable seperation of death, and everything in between. AH/AU M for adult content and language.

The First Time is a short and sweet yet incredibly heartbreaking tale of firsts for Edward as told through his incredibly sweet, shy and tender-loving eyes. His love for Bella is palpable and jumps out of each chapter and grabs hold of your heart to the point where you think it will never let go.

The first time I met her...

She asked my name, and I said Edward Cullen offering her my hand in greeting. When I asked for her name in return she laughed and the sound was delightful, like wind chimes on a hot summer day or the ting, ting, ting of rain against your window at night. Magnificent.

The first time I kissed her...

My eyes closed of their own volition, and Bella giggled when my lips met the side of her nose. I chuckled nervously, stuffing my hands into my pockets and stumbling back a step. What a tool I was. I couldn't even kiss her right.

The first time we made love...

I knew from books, not experience, that first times were painful and rather anticlimactic for the female party. And that simple fact gave me heart palpitations. I didn't want to cause her any pain, especially if she wasn't going to be getting any pleasure from it. And the fact that I undoubtedly would, made it all the more dismaying. Nothing that ever caused her pain should bring me joy.

I love the way this story is written - short but incredibly perfect and engaging. Evenflo doesn’t need a lot of words, the way she uses the English language to shape this story tugged at my heart and took my breath away. This story was as beautiful as it is tragic, and by half way through I was crying into my cup of hot cocoa. Evenflo does an incredible job of capturing the beauty of love and the all encompassing ache of grief. This story isn’t for the faint of heart, but if you wish to read something well written, and don’t mind shedding a few (or a dozen) tears, then I definitely recommend this story!

Banner by JaimeArkin

0 comments:

Post a Comment