Brand New Fic of the Week: 3/21-3/27

March 23, 2011

Everything I Never Knew I Wanted by larin20
Review by TennesseeLamb

Rating: M
Genre: Romance/Drama
Characters: Edward/Bella

Summary: A city girl who never wanted to fall in love does exactly that with the one man who isn't good for her. A country boy who is too content with standing still never thought love would matter until it was at his feet. Love happens, unexpectedly. A/H OOC BxE

Larin20 loves to pull us in with her teaser prologues and she does it again with Everything I Never Knew I Wanted.

We know from the beginning that Bella is leaving one love for another.  

“Do you love him?” he asked, his head pointed toward the ground.

We know hearts are breaking.  

He took a step closer. “I know you love me. I know it.” 

We know she loves the man before her but the love between them was not enough.

“I do love you,” I replied. “I always will, but with him, I don’t feel like there is an end. With you, I knew there would be a point where we would stop. And I was right. We stopped, you stopped…”

We know the love she chooses is better for her, more stable.

I feel like I can go on forever with him and never stop. All I see is him, all I want is him..

We have no idea when this conversation takes place. We have no clue of or to whom Bella speaks. In reality, we don’t know anything thing except we hope Larin20 updates…frequently.

After scanning the chapters list, you can breathe easy knowing you have two solid chapters to get you started after the prologue that makes you feel like you are going to have a full blown panic attack if there is not a “next” button at the bottom of the screen.

We get to meet Bella as she rolls out of bed (not her own) and learn quickly she is not unaccustomed to waking up in random men’s beds across St. Louis. Bella is chaos contained as she franticly gets to work as the Program Manager for the local morning show. The usual suspects make their appearance, Jake as the Entertainment Reporter, Mike manages a decent role as Station Manger, Alice works at the station too, appropriately in makeup.

The others trickle in under the rouse of Alice’s pending nuptials…but who is she marrying? Who is Whit and why are we crushing on him before we meet the Pretty? Speaking of, when do we meet Edward? Well, evidently in Chapter 4.

It is too early in the story to classify it as angsty or romantic. There is enough comic relief in Larin20’s superb dialogue and witty banter between Bella and her friends to relieve us of the heart fail we know is coming. Thankfully, Larin20 has a few stories (Treading Water, Every October!) in her library to keep us reading while we wait with bated breath for her updates.

Welcome to our second week of The Banner and the Blurb! We are teaming up on a weekly basis with TwiFicPics to highlight their feature The Banner and the Blurb, bringing attention to the incredible banner makers that are out there.  We hope to bring more and more readers to these deserving fics show you some excellent graphics!


Please head on over to TwiFicPics and check out all the incredible artwork the artists in the fandom are creating!

0 comments:

Post a Comment