Completed Fic of the Week: 1/17-1/23

January 18, 2011

Winds of Change by angela4148
Review by Marriedmyedward
*This Story is No Longer Available* 

Rating: M
Genre: Romance/Drama
Characters: Edward/Bella

Summary: Written for the 'A Picture Says it All' Contest... Just like the weather, people are unpredictable. The question is whether you should shield yourself from the storm or brave the winds of change.

When I was given this story to read and review, I seriously had no idea what to expect. Once I read the first chapter, I was pretty much hooked! I started this story yesterday morning after my daughter went down for her morning nap. By 1:00 am, I was finished with it.

This story is about Edward and Bella being best friends since high school. Bella happens to fall pretty hard for Edward, but Edward only seems to be “in like” with Bella, not “in love” like she is with him. Ten years go by, they both go to the same college together and live off campus but on opposite sides of the city. While living in the complex where Bella lives, she meets a guy named Paul and decides that she is never going to have “her Edward” so why not start seeing Paul. After a crazy chain of events, Edward finally has an epiphany...but the problem is, he witnesses something that Bella never told him about that makes Edward think that he may be too late.

While Edward and Bella were still in high school, Bella lost her mother suddenly. Things happen a few years after with Bella's father and Edward helps her get through every step of the way. It turns out that Edward is going to be needed for support once again when the same thing happens 5 years later to Bella's father.

This just happens to be one of my favorite scenes with Bella and her father...

"Well then, lets talk it out. Maybe if you talk about it, it would make more sense. I know saying things out loud helps me. Why do you think I talk to myself all the time," he said with a chuckle.

"Ready to put your mom hat on?" I asked. This was our thing, anytime I wanted to talk about something that I would have gone to my mom for, he would suck it up and try to channel what she would say or do. He picked up a pretend hat, blew the dust off, and sat it on his head.

"I wanted to say yes so bad, it was weird. Even after everything we've been through, I wanted to say yes. You know how I told you that I was dating that guy Paul?" He nodded his head and gritted his teeth a little. He didn't like the idea that I was dating someone he didn't know. If it got any more serious I was going to have to introduce them.

My dad raised his eyebrows but kept his mouth shut.

"I just have no clue what to do, Dad. I really like Paul but it's Edward, my Edward. He's my best friend." I hung my head and wanted to cry, but it seemed like I didn't have any more tears left to shed.

"You have to do what makes you happy, baby girl. That's all I can say. I know that Edward has done a ton of stuff to make you cry. At the end of the day, does all the good cancel out the bad and still leave a little extra good to use up?" he asked with raised eyebrows. Leave it my dad to get all deep with me while putting together pressed wood furniture.

All around this story is wonderful. This story made me laugh, cry, and happy all through the story. I can't say it enough, it's an amazing story and you must go read it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment