WIP of the Week: 2/21-2/27

February 21, 2011

Don't Stand So Close to Me by Elyse Gaines
Review by Obsmama

Rating: M
Genre: Angst/Romance
Characters: Edward/Bella

Summary: When Bella meets Edward, they share one memorable night in a club. Although she hopes to see him again, when she does, it's in the place neither of them expected. Rated M for language and yummy lemons ahead

When Bella Swan walked into a nightclub in Seattle, Washington her life was flipped on its axis. As she is snubbed by the female bartender for another patron, she finds the man of her dreams looking back.

"I'd like a Johnny Walker Black, neat, and my friend…" he looks from me to the bartender.

 "A Skinny Bitch, please," I say, never breaking eye contact from those fucking eyes.

 "A Skinny Bitch," he laughs, "what an interesting choice…" the way he trails off tells me he's looking for my name.
 
 "Bella," I breathe, extending my hand.

 "Bella," he repeats and oh man if I didn't just come a little. "I'm Edward."

Thus begins a night neither of these vibrant characters are prepared for but neither can forget. The more Bella learns about Edward, like he just graduated from college and is moving from Seattle the next day, gives her the courage to take what she wants and not to lose this moment with him.

"Ugggggh," I say, panting.

"Bella, you are so beautiful," he says into my ear.

"God, I want you," I manage to get out.

"I want you too," he says. "Do you have a hotel room?"

Fuck. No, I don't, because we're staying with Alice's mother's friend. Fuck, fuck, fuck. "No," I say, softly, shaking my head. "Do you have one?" I ask, although I think I know the answer.

"No," he says, "I'm staying with my friend tonight since it's my last night in the city," he says, kissing my neck and tweaking my nipples with his fingers. My hips buck in response.

"Fuck," I say softly, and grind into him some more. I take a moment to look around the booth. There are people everywhere, and yet, they aren't looking anywhere near our booth. If I weren't in Edward's lap, they wouldn't even be able to see the top of my head of the back of this seat. Fuck it, who cares where I am.

I reach down between us and begin to undo Edward's belt. He bucks his hips toward me, pounding against my center as I work. Once I have it undone, I undo his button and fly, and reach in, against his boxers.

Things happen, words are spoken, notes and numbers are left. What would you do if you met the man of your dreams in a club in Seattle, have a mind bending physical connection with him and are left with nothing more than a number on a napkin? For Bella, she returns to her life in Forks and runs into the one person she hoped to see but never thought she would, especially where she does!

"Good afternoon, everybody," a familiar voice says.

I look up, startled, and feel my stomach drop.

Holy shit.

I don’t want to give too much away but I will leave you with this. Don’t Stand So Close to Me is an in-depth journey between what is right and wrong when you are dealing with love and choice. I fell head over heels for this Edward. He’s a swoony bastard! I found myself laughing and clenching my heart. You will love the characters as well as the plot line. The author is well versed in the art of falling in love and I for one am in love with her story!

Banner by JaimeArkin

0 comments:

Post a Comment