Brand New Fic of the Week: 2/7-2/13

February 09, 2011

Fold Your Wings by Jadalulu
Review by Obsmama 

Rating: M
Genre: Drama/Angst
Characters: Edward/Bella

Summary: The liberties he assumes with my body should enrage me, anger me beyond my own sanity. But it's just not that simple." Encounters born of need. Consequences neither saw coming. Guard your hearts. Not the ExB you're used to. AH

One hand gripping my throat, the other securing my hands together and pressing them into the pillow in front of me.


My back to his front.


His pace is punishing, driving the bed against the wall with each thrust forward.

The only light in the room is coming from above the bed, dimmed to low.

Those are the first fifty-five words of the most intense scene I have ever read in fic. The prologue of this story is unrelenting, visceral, surreal, and captivating. Each word draws you into a sordid encounter between Isabella and a very domineering, relentless Edward. This story had me spellbound from chapter one; we are introduced to a hardworking, driven Bella trying to juggle school and a full time job at a five star hotel. It’s in this hotel, one early morning after a tiring shift, that she encounters Edward Cullen who has a proposition that is hard to refuse. An offer that makes Bella war within herself where her dreams and morals battle what is right and what is wrong.

I like this Bella. I feel I can relate to her and her struggles and understand her desperation. The author has taken the time to show us who she is, why she has made decisions she has and why she makes a decision that sets her on a dark and forbidden path. We are three chapters in plus the prologue and I am salivating for each and every update. The Edward we see here is not our run of the mill brooding CEO, he’s darker than that, more sharp and borders such a thin line of scary and sexy it keeps the readers as much on their toes as Bella. He’s cold, emotionless and then when he flips the switch it leaves you breathless. Here’s a taste...

"Use your words, Isabella."


"Ye-yes. Yes, I accepted." My words are breathy...spoken through pants.


"Mmm. Yes, you did, didn't you? Of course you did. Showing up right on time, doing as you're told." He fingers the front flap of the robe to illustrate his point. "So eager."


Never easing his grip on my hair, his head moves around and to the right side of my face. Along my jaw and up to my ear, his nose never makes contact as he inhales one, long breath. At the end of it, he exhales slow and long into my right ear.


"I can smell you. You're so fucking ready. Do you want my cock, Isabella?"


His words ignite a feeling in my stomach that panics me. What's he doing to me? It's warm and weighted. It roots itself there and the sudden warm wetness between my thighs takes me by surprise. I have an overwhelming urge to move.


To touch.


To writhe.


So quickly that my breath catches, he uses his grip on my hair for leverage and turns my body around entirely, facing away from him and toward the table. The front of my thighs press into the edge where my hands were previously. Desperate for a way to ground myself, my hands shoot out in reflex and I spread them down flat on the black, granite surface of the table.


He pushes on my head and I bend forward at the waist. The feeling in my abdomen heightens. Every nerve in my body is on high alert. The feeling is completely unfamiliar. The sensations he invokes with so little touch is astonishing. It's overwhelming, yet I can't find a single reason to stop it.


I feel only his body heat as he rests both palms down just outside of my own on the table. Once again, close but not touching me. I fight the urge to press back against him. Something tells me that it wouldn't be well received.


My wet hair hangs on either side of my face and I clench my eyes in anticipation of what's coming next. His head lowers to my right ear.


"Now that we've established that you can fall in line, have a seat, Isabella.

This is a story to savor, it is thought provoking and the heat already leaves you desperate for more. I hope you decide to take the journey and jump head first into this story, I am excited to see where we go from here.

Banner by JaimeArkin

2 comments:

  1. Yady Samuell said...:

    This is a very interesting story!!! Roughward is effin awesome!!

  1. arwen01 said...:

    somehow i can't leave a review on the twcsr, so i try to leave a comment here.
    this story is just squeezing my heart painfully. i hope that there's some HEA for them! :)

Post a Comment