Completed Fic of the Week: 8/13-8/19

August 12, 2010

Perchance to Dream by FantasyMother and Lilliput

Rating: M
Genre: Romance/Hurt/Comfort
Characters: Bella/Edward

Summary: The Cullens leave Forks after Edward encounters Bella, but he never forgets her. Meanwhile, Bella has vivid dreams about a man whose face she cannot see. Does destiny have something in store for them? AU, OOC. Co-written by Fantasy Mother and Lilliput.

If you’re an avid fanfic reader like me then you’ve come across your share of stories where the first chapter has potential and you hope and pray it gets better. Or you recommend a story to a friend with the warning “the first few chapters are shaky but gets really good after chapter….” Sounds familiar?

The opening paragraph of Perchance to Dream instantly captures your imagination for once I felt as if I was really in a vampire’s mind, finally able to view the world through their eyes and then you realize it was all a dream from Bella’s point of view.

In PtD you see Bella lives a self imposed lonely existence only finding solace in her studies, books, and her odd dreams. After her brief encounter with Edward she begins to have dreams about a faceless man whom she dubbed Dream Lover.

Edward abruptly fled from Forks and never returned after Bella’s first day at Forks High. While his family worried about his lack of companionship and isolation, he found peace each day dreaming of being close to his singer Bella.

What I loved about this fic was the way the writers Fantasy Mother & Lilliput was able to make the dream sequence and reality blend almost feeling tipsy without taking a drink.

I wove my fingers into his hair and pulled slightly, tilting his head back. I put my lips to his ear and said in an almost growl, "Damn it, why can't you be here?" He moaned and moved upward. Yes. Here.

"I'm right here, love," he said as he wrapped one arm tightly around my waist and moved a hand up to my shoulder, pulling me down to him.

A sob escaped my throat. "But you're not," I choked. "You're not really here. I want you here. With me."


Can you feel the intensity? I have to say it’s been a long time since I’ve found a story that depicts the strong connection between Bella and Edward both on a mental and physical level. And if you’re not into WIP, you’re in luck because Perchance to Dream is completed. So you can enjoy all the naughty goodness in one shot!

0 comments:

Post a Comment