TeamBella23's Rec of the Week: 8/27-9/2

August 28, 2010

Grave Intentions by ss10
 http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6181464/1/Grave_Intentions
Review by TeamBella23
*This story is no longer available*

Rating: M
Genre: Supernatural/Angst
Characters: Edward/Bella

Summary: An odious fixation seethes beneath a make believe alliance. When Edward dies, he leaves Bella to stew and regret. But his presence has yet to depart. He haunts, causing her not only to remember their shared hate, but also their passionate devotion.

I am a huge fan of everything this author writes. She has recently completed two of my favorite fics; Stampede of a Thousand Pulses and C-56. ss10 isn't afraid of what you'll think of her stories and she isn't afraid to bend and break the rules... She writes what she knows and she writes what she feels.

Her newest story isn't an exception. Grave intentions, while only one chapter long, already has me hooked and begging for more. If you know me as a reader and as an author you know I like different, I like taboo and I like angst. She delivers all three... On top of that she delivers the most fucked up, controlling, jealous and conniving Edward I have ever read.

"Death is not something that should be celebrated, and so in a bid to be normal, I bow my head somberly-" Bella, chapter 1

Edward and Bella are less than high school sweethearts but he has his claws embedded into her. She belongs to him and everyone knows it but he does not necessarily belong to her. Their relationship is complicated... Its controlling and the ultimate kind of fucked up but its theirs and as much as both of them hate the other for having such a powerful hold on them they are useless to part.

"I love you Bella, I hate you because I love you, and despite that fuckery, you still stupidly love me back." Edward, Chapter 1

So what happens when Edward dies? Their tie is broken and Bella is free? Not exactly, their bond is too fucking powerful for something like death to let them part... He haunts her... What happens now? How will their relationship work if he isn't really around?

I am officially hooked, I am the ultimate fangirl... I encourage you to read this, and everything else she writes. ss10 leaves you on the edge of your seat and screaming for the next chapter.

"You love me, I can see it in your eyes.

"Fuck you're pathetic...

"Do you wanna know what's even more fucked though...

"I think, no, I know...well shit Bella...I think I love you too."


Banner by JaimeArkin

0 comments:

Post a Comment