JaimeArkin's Rec of the Week: 11/29-12/5

December 01, 2010

The Geheime Vernietiging by amoredjenaue
 http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6287890/1/The_Geheime_Vernietiging
Reviewed by JaimeArkin
*This story is no longer available* 

Rating: M
Genre: Romance/Drama
Characters: Edward/Bella

Summary: AKA The Secret Destruction. FBI Agent Cullen returns to NY to take down the Draconi crime family. But will his return bring more than he bargained for? Or something he never knew he always wanted. Secret missions, love and family secrets abound...and destroy.

Edward is an FBI Agent undercover in New York trying to take down the Draconi crime family. He's been in Romania for two years setting up his cover and only recently returned to NY. Why is that? He's still mourning the loss of his older brother Eric who was killed on 9/11, and also the reason he became an agent. He doesn't have time for a girlfriend, but sees you know who from afar and is enthralled. A series of coincidences bring them together and they turn out to have much more in common than one would have guessed.

But as usual, drama ensues and Bella's past collides with Edward's mission and they are faced with a quandary. Not to mention, Edward is again from a rather prestigious NY family who are of Dutch descent. This ends up being not only a rather inconvenient fact of life, but also plays into his mission. We have intrigue and a who’s behind it run amuck once again and Edward finds himself risking not only his job but his life to protect Bella.

The beautiful Dutch title alone intrigued me as I searched for new stories to read. The translation for The Geheime Vernietiging is "The secret ruining or the secret destruction." This is a mysterious cocktail of sexy secret agent Edward, beautiful, strong Bella and wonderfully textured writing. I was hooked immediately; hooked and have been swooning ever since.

Edward Cullen, a young undercover FBI agent has lived in Romania for the past two years building his covert life. When he finally returns to New York to begin the true task of taking down the Romanian crime family, he meets Bella by chance. Life quickly changes course and purpose. From their first meeting the connection is palpable:

“I looked at him more closely then and realized he was the man with the aviators and the newspaper that Jasper pointed out earlier. The sunglasses were now hooked in his shirt and he had on a Yankees hat covering what appeared to be dark brown, almost black hair. He had a rugged jaw and a strong nose and his lips were full and turned into a crooked grin. His face was scruffy, like he hadn't shaved in a week. I had the sudden urge to trace my fingers over his jaw and let the scruff tickle my…

Trace your fingers over his jaw. What the hell Bella?

I realized I was staring again and he hadn't spoken and I followed his gaze down this time. The ketchup was now set in my dress, right over my left breast.

Shit. 

He coughed and shook his head and I realized he still had one hand on my arm. "It's not a problem. I just wanted to make sure you didn't fall." He said in a voice that sent sparks shooting up my spine like they were shot out of a cannon. It was low and smooth like the purr of an engine.

What in the...?

His eyes glanced from me, back to my dress and back up again and I then noticed the heat oozing from his hand through my body, causing a sizzling sensation to skip across my skin and make me so hot that I had the opposite desire to shiver.” Chapter 3

Throughout this incredibly well thought out plot, Amoredjenaue’s writing is vivid, rich and descriptive. Her characterization is so intense, you feel as though you are present in their psyche. You sense the loneliness that Edward has experienced over the last few years, preparing for his secret life, while mourning his brother. Yet, he has a desperate drive to avenge his brother’s death by doing something positive in the world.

Bella, an intern director at the MET, seems inexplicably linked to many of the major players of the same crime family that Edward is infiltrating. She is involved in a newly committed relationship with James. However, Bella is instantly attracted to Edward upon their first official meeting. She quickly begins questioning her decision to move forward with James.

Edward and Bella desperately fight their connection. Edward knows he can’t ask her to wait for him. And Bella knows the danger he could be in if his cover is blown, but their attraction proves to be too much:

"God, I want you, Mijn Zon." He rasped into the kiss.

Then fucking take me? What's holding you back?

"But I am at least going to return the favor." He kissed his way down my body to my center, and my skin was on fire at his touch. I knew this wouldn't take long; I was so completely turned on from pleasuring him that I was sure one touch from his expert fingers would undo me.

Then I felt his hands tug at my panties and lifted. He massaged my calves, my thighs and my hips and pulled me to him.

Oh shit, he's going to taste me. I couldn't remember the last time a man took his time to do that. 

I dropped my head back in anticipation and before I knew it his mouth was on me.

"God. Edward!" I cried out as he plunged his tongue into me—licking and simultaneously rubbing my nub. I was moaning at the sensations he was sending through my body, and I gripped his hair and pulled him to me tighter.

He responded by increasing his hold on my hips and plunging his tongue deeper. He alternated between thrusting his tongue and his fingers into me and working my nub. I looked down and saw his head between my legs, pleasuring me with his mouth and another rage of fire shot through my body.

"Oh my God!" I cried out. I was spiraling, faster than a hurricane toward the coast. My legs were shaking, and I gripped his hair ferociously. – Chapter 14

This fantastically complex work in progress is currently at eighteen chapters. It has a seductively eloquent love story weaved through the exciting suspense of true crime mystery. And when Edwards says… “Mijn Zon” or “Mijn Lief” you will be fanning yourself and begging for more. Treat yourself to this addictive, unique delight in story telling.

Follow her on twitter @jamesandginge

0 comments:

Post a Comment