Obsmama's Rec of the Week: 11/29-12/5

December 02, 2010

Take My Hand, Now Run by lou-la

Rating: M
Genre: Romance/Hurt/Comfort
Characters: Edward/Bella

Summary: As fate would have it, Bella and Edward meet in unlikely circumstances. Bella is held prisoner and Edward can't leave her behind. AH, AU, Canon. Short story. A period piece, set in a Wild West time. Rated for Mature audiences only. Fluffy and Lemony.

So, on a Friday evening, I stumbled across this unexpected gem that had me captivated from chapter one. I had never read a western fic and was very interested from the get go. I must say, it is an action packed ride from the start with some great realistic touches. You feel transported to the Wild West, a time of ruthless Indians and the prospects of a whole new world. We meet the Cullen’s as they make the trek from the east to a sleepy little town in Washington. Towards the end of their journey, they are met with danger and death when they are kidnapped in the middle of the night by a group of savage Indians called the Modocs. This is when the action begins and where Edward meets another captive in the form of a pale, beautiful, scared girl named Bella. Quickly, fearing for his life and that of his family and this strange but captivating girl, Edward formulates a plan for escape.

She awoke with wide eyes and when she saw me, she relaxed. "No screaming," I told her. I removed my hand and cradled her in my arms. "Let's get out of here," I said. I started off in the direction of our old camp, but I felt like I was missing someone. I could see Emmett carrying Rose and Dad and Mom connected by their hands. Bella was still at that rock where Alice had been, just staring at it.

I put Alice down on her feet and told her to run. She did but watched me the whole time as I went back for Bella.


"Bella, look at me." She didn't. "Bella, we need to get out of here. Come on." She still ignored me. "I won't go without you," I said. This made her look up. Her eyes were brimming with tears and I could see the ghosts that haunted her so clearly. "Take my hand," I told her. She did. "Now run."

They weren't far ahead, Alice was lagging, still watching for me and Mom and Dad wouldn't get too far ahead of her, or me. I sped up and pulled Bella along with me, not letting go of her hand. Alice kind of stopped when she saw me and turned slightly as I was coming. I grabbed her as I ran and she wrapped her arms around my neck.

"Foolish girl," I hissed. "I told you to run."

"I was running," she said, hugging my neck tight.

And run they do. This story is 7 chapters and is complete it’s a fun paced read that shows you not only the depth of true love but what it can survive as well.

Her hands slid underneath my arms as she rubbed my chest and hugged me from behind, her body pressed against my back as she stood on her toes to whisper in my ear. "Edward, I'm ready to go home."

I gulped, quite audibly. My whole body was tense. My whole body. Her words kept replaying in my head. I'm ready to go home. I can't wait for you to be inside of me. I'm ready to go home. I can't wait for you to be inside of me...

I turned in her arms ever so slowly, and she met me with a smile that would have made an angel cry. "You are so beautiful, Bella," I murmured, brushing my fingers over the cheekbones that stained red at my words.

Banner by JaimeArkin

0 comments:

Post a Comment