Completed Fic of the Week: 4/9/12

April 10, 2012

Such is My Luck by ImHereToReview
Review by AnonymouslySufferingFromOCD

Rating: M
Genre: Romance/Humor
Characters: Edward & Bella

Summary: Bella's bad luck has landed her in Chicago for a business trip, with no luggage and no hotel room. Her co-worker, Edward, steps in to help! Her luck is about to change. AH. Canon pairings. Fluffy. Rated M for lemony goodness.

When I read this story I instantly fell in love with it. Such is My Luck is a well-written relatively fluffy story, which of course is right up my alley. ImHereToReview gives us a little bit of drama wrapped up with a little bit of funny, and a whole lot of love.

I completely relate with the Bella of this story. She is clumsy, feisty and unlucky, so of course she reminds me of me (or the me that wishes my life could end in a happy ending!). Our story starts with Bella landing in Chicago for a training seminar that she doesn’t want to attend. After deplaning she realizes that her luggage is lost. While not the end of the world, as we all know anything packable is replaceable; it just irritates Bella who already hates this trip. After arriving at the hotel that Bella’s incompetent assistant, Jessica, forgot to book, her irritation level is skyrocketing, and all she wants to do is take a nap.

Bella’s day takes a turn for the better when her co-worker, Edward Cullen, comes to her rescue and offers to share his suite with her. Now, of course for most of us this is a dream come true, and while Bella tends to agree that Edward is the most gorgeous man she has ever laid eyes on and she has had a major crush on him for as long as she can remember, she also knows to steer clear of him because the office chatter says that he is a man whore. Thankfully Bella, although reluctantly, agrees that sharing a room is the best option she has going for her.

"Are you alright Bella?" he breathed out slowly, washing me with a wave of his scent. He held me in place with his gaze. It took me a few seconds to answer. 

"Ummm… yeah… I mean…yes, I'm okay. How are you?" I stammered. 

He smirked with the cutest half smile and whispered, "I'm good… now." He turned his head away a bit at the last part, so I wasn't sure that I had heard him right. "I noticed you were having trouble with your check-in. Are you sure everything is okay?" he asked as he leaned in a bit closer with a concerned look on his face. 

I decided to be honest since I really sucked at lying. "Ugh…no, everything is not okay. My assistant apparently didn't think to book a hotel room for me. The flight she can book and even upgrade, but the hotel… no!" I rolled my eyes as I responded with a bit of sarcasm. "I swear I think she can only do one accurate thing a day, before her daily supply of brain cells are used up." 

I snorted at my stupid half-joke before I could fully contain myself. My eyes opened wide when I realized that I had just snorted in front of Edward Cullen. Oh. My. Gosh. I was mortified. 

Edward's small smirk turned into a full blown, orgasm inducing, smile at my antics. Great, wet panties were not in the plans for the day. Hell, I didn't even have any more panties to change into…crap! 

Of course, our hero Edward saves the day, he has to, and office chatter is wrong, a lot…especially in this case when we learn that the hero of this story has crushed on Bella for as long as she has crushed on him. Thankfully, sparks fly between our two favorite characters and it doesn’t take long for them to lose themselves in each other.

 ImHereToReview does a great job with this story and it hasn’t gotten near the love it deserves. It is about seventy-five thousand words, all wrapped up into a quick twenty chapters that include an epi and outtake and I couldn’t help but wish for more as the story came to a close. I am hoping that you will all love it as much as I did and perhaps that might inspire ImHereToReview to write more about these two.

0 comments:

Post a Comment