Completed Fic of the Week: 4/16/12

April 19, 2012

Not Going There by luckyirishtart
Review by Agrutle

Rating: M
Genre: Drama/Romance
Characters: Edward & Bella

Summary: When a dangerous job leaves Bella striving for balance, and an uncertain future leaves her yearning for normalcy, will a familiar face from her past risk all her careful plans? AH

Newly single Bella moves back to Forks to start a new life. Going home, however, isn’t as easy as she thought it was going to be. Her first night on the job at the Forks Police Department, Bella gets injured while taking down a perp. Shortly after this she meets the new deputy sheriff, who happens to be Edward Cullen, brother to her high school best friend, Alice. Not only is Bella trying to start over, she also has a policy of not dating cops. Reasons for which she explains to Edward.

"I won't bore you with the 'whys' because the 'how' is what's important. " 

He looked at me, and like a dam, I burst. 

"Katie was two when I quit the force to stay home with her. It was my choice, ya know? My mom…well, I wanted my daughter to have something different. So, there I was, the stereotypical 'stay at home mom', baking and cleaning and hooked on SpongeBob against my will. I'd lost touch with my co-workers, had no clue on the gossip at the station besides what I picked up from James." 

Just remembering it all hurt so damn much. I hated that he'd done what he'd done, but the attention and stares after… 

I cleared my throat. "Anyway. Imagine my surprise when one of the girls from administration called me out of the blue. She said she couldn't stand it anymore, that she felt bad for being part of my husband making a fool out of me. Maybe that was the truth, or maybe she was just mad 'cause he'd moved on from her to my ex-partner, I don't even know…" 

 "Shit…Bella, I had no idea—". 

After being upfront and honest with Edward about her policy, Edward tells her he wants to be her friend, if it is all he can be.

Bella decides she can’t be a hermit, and she takes a chance and goes on a date with Riley. It’s going great, but then her mind starts wandering and wish that Edward was on the other side of the table. She begins to think she was too hasty in making a ban on dating other law enforcement officers. Luckily other forces help her decide what she should do and finding Edward on her porch after her date was just the push she needed. They start seeing each other, but keep things quiet until Bella is ready to share with the world.

"You told me when you first came back that you took something from me and wanted to do your best to give it back," I said, struggling for the words I wanted to say. "I think I've figured it out." 

"Yeah? What was that?" 

"My heart." 

He ducked down, kissed the side of my mouth. "Ding, ding, ding." 

"It's yours to keep, you know…" 

He smiled and replied, "I think it's just the hair." 

I slapped him lightly on the chest and tried to pull away, but he held me fast, his expression happy. Mine felt the same—my face hurt from the mega-watt smile I was displaying. 

"How dare you mock me in my confessions of love," I teased, twisting away to sit up some. 

"Say it," he said holding me fast and not letting me get away. 

"I love you, Edward Cullen. Always have." 

This time I was positive the pure joy on his face mirrored mine. 

They fall into a simple routine of spending time alone when they can and spending time with together with Katie. Sadly though, Bella’s ex-husband, James decides to come back into the picture more regularly. It seems that his purpose is to make Bella’s life harder than it is. He seems like he loves his daughter and wants to be with her and making things crappy for Bella is a perk.

Luckyirishtart has a way of making you feel like you’re sitting in the room watching the story instead of reading it. Head on over and check out what is going on in Bella’s world because I can tell you there are some things that I left out that you will want to read. I can’t give away all the goods can I? Make sure you let her know you love it with a review!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment