WIP of the Week: 2/20/12

February 20, 2012

Sandcastles and Making it Work by duhitsangie
Review by Mama_Doofus

Rating: M
Genre: Romance/Humor
Characters: Edward/Bella

Summary: Bella is spending her spring break in Florida with her mom, and she's hating being away from her friends. Can a certain bronze haired boy change that? *2nd place in Showers to Flowers contest* Where is Edward moving to? Can they make it work? NOW EXPANDED

This story grabbed me and made me keep reading from the moment I started it. It's so fluffy and super adorable that my hopeless romantic heart can barely take it! Lol! The story starts with Bella spending some time with her mother, Renee, down in Florida. Renee suckered Bella into staying an extra week. She went to the beach one day that week, tripped and fell into the arms of Edward. She helped him and his little brother, Masen, build a sandcastle and thought they would never see each other again. Turns out, Renee and Edward's mom, Esme, are really good friends and Renee had invited them all out to her house for dinner one night. After that dinner, Edward and Bella spend the rest of the week together and decided when their week was over, they would try to make their relationship work, as not only would it be a long distance relationship, but Edward was moving out of Florida. He just didn't know where exactly it was that his family was relocating to, and he was really mad that he had to move to a new school in his last few years of high school. Where did he end up moving you ask? Well...I'm not telling you that...you'll have to read it for yourself.

Here's a little of what you’re missing out on...

After a while, I decided to get up and go back to the house. As I stood, I noticed he was watching me, a small smirk on one side of his face, as he looked me up and down in my bikini. 

I wasn't usually self-conscious about my body, but the way he was looking at me, made me want to hide in my towel. 

I walked past them, trying to appear nonchalant, when of course, being me, I tripped. 

I closed my eyes, ready to feel the sand all over my back, but it never came. 

Instead two arms cradled me, holding me off the ground in bridal position. 

"Did you do that on purpose?" a smooth voice chuckled. 

"No!" I shouted, opening my eyes and looking into the green eyes of sand castle dude. "I'm really clumsy." 

"Oh," he said, looking almost disappointed as he set me back on my feet. 

"Oh shit, please don't tell me I ruined the sand castle," I said suddenly, hoping I didn't somehow step on it when I tried to catch my balance. 

"Ooh, you said a bad word," the little boy said, wagging his finger at me. 

"Sorry," I said, covering my mouth to hide my smile. He looked so cute reprimanding me. 

"Don't worry about it," sand castle dude laughed. "And the sand castle is fine, I caught you before you could land on it." 

"Oh good, I wouldn't want to mess it up, it's amazing." 

"So you've been watching us build?" he smirked.
 
"Actually," I smirked back. "I've been watching him," I pointed at the kid. "Build. He's really good." 

"Thank you," the little boy smiled. "Do you want to help?" 

"I.." 

"We could use another pair of hands," SCD said, grabbing my hand in his, making a shiver run up my spine despite the hot weather. 

"Sure," I heard myself say, before sitting down on the sand between them. 

"I'm Masen, and you're pretty," the little boy said, smiling as he held his hand out for me to shake. 

"I'm Bella," I chuckled, taking his tiny hand in mine. "It's nice to meet you Masen, and I think you're very handsome." 

He blushed, picking up a bucket and running to the ocean to get some water. 

"I'm Edward," SCD said, picking up my hand again and bring it to his lips. "And I happen to agree with my brother, Bella." 

I bit my lip, the sound of my name on his lips and the feel of his kiss on my hand, was driving me crazy. 

What are you waiting for?! Go read Sandcastles and Making it Work and go enjoy yourself some good, old fluff.

0 comments:

Post a Comment