Submitted Fic of the Week: 10/3/11

October 06, 2011

Resident Adviser by addicted-to-romione-bedward
Review by Agrutle

Rating: M
Genre: Romance/Drama
Characters: Edward & Bella

Summary: Bella is in her second year at UW and she ends up paired with Edward –basketball superstar– as RAs for their year. How far would he go to get her? Would she fall for his antiques, knowing his history with girl? Read and find out. 

It’s the start of a new year and a new job for Bella. She’s going to be one of the new resident advisers, but what she doesn’t realize is that her enemy of sorts, Edward, is the other RA. Bella is instantly on edge because Edward never takes anything seriously. Edward is the star basketball player and a playboy. Bella can’t stand to be around him, but because all of their friends are friends they are thrown together constantly. To show the people in their dorm that they are friends, they decide to get along and show a united front, they start going to things together, and Bella goes to Edward’s basketball practices. Bella tells Edward he needs to learn how to date women instead of using them and so he asks her to go on dates with him to show him what he needs to know.

"I thought you said something about a hypothetic kiss." 

"Did you have fun?" 

"I still am having fun," he chuckled, and opened the door of our dorm building. 

"After all that beer, everything is fun." 

"I had fun too," I admitted. 

"That means… under other circumstances… I would have kissed my date?" he asked, hopefully. 

"Yes. Just a kiss. Close mouuu-" I stumbled over a stairs and started laughing hysterically when I fell on the stair. 

"Are you okay? And what do you mean… close mouthed?" 

He was in shock. I was on my feet again and with his help, I made it safely to our floor. 

"Just what you heard. Haven't you done it before?" 

"No," he answered, shocked. "You?" 

"We're talking about you," I blurted out. No need for him to know about my non-existent experience. 

"I don't know about that… Care to show me how to do it?" he asked, cockily. 

"Just don't stick your tongue down the girl's throat. That means closed mouthed." 

"Can't we… experience it? " 

Soon she realizes that she is starting to actually like him, not just in a friendly way either, but she fights it hard, knowing that he’s a player. What she doesn’t know is that there is a reason that Edward doesn’t let people get near him, and it has to do with his biological parents. It has shaped the way Edward deals with ties to people, he doesn’t. One night stands and flings are his way of making sure no one gets close enough to hurt him. Something about Bella, though keeps him coming back for more and all too soon they are as close as two people can be. What do you do though when you find out that he may not have been as honest as you though, or was he.

I woke up later to an empty bed. it was dark outside, being winter, I couldn't tell the time. Had he left? Just like that? I was angry and disappointed, but I wanted to find him and hurt him. That's when I heard his voice outside the room or nearby, anyway. I spotted his shirt at the end of the bed and slipped it on along with my knickers before padding to the door. From the sound, he was arguing with someone. Then, everything went silent. I opened the door just in time to hear his groan. The same groan I had heard earlier, a groan of pleasure.

There he was! In the middle of the hallway, a few feet away from my room. Jacob's sister in his arms. They were kissing, and she looked like she was dry humping him. A dry sob escaped my lips and distracted them. Cullen's head snapped to me, and his eyes widened. The girl looked at me then at him and she started shouting something. I couldn't pay attention. I wanted to crawl in a hole and die. 

"I told you no, Rita!" 

"REBECCA!" the girl wailed. 

"What the fuck ever! I said no!" he shouted, glancing at me. "Bella…I ehh motherfucker," he groaned and gripped his hair with a hand. 

"You were with her all this time?" the girl yelled. His eyes widened further, and I felt sick. 

"Look, Rach-" 

"RE-BE-CCA! Fuck you, Cullen!" 

He moaned when she slapped him and dashed down the stairs. His eyes turn to me. I stood there, petrified. 

Bella is broken after that, she feels like a fool. Why would he want her when he could literally have any girl on campus. She starts seeing someone else that treats her nice and is only seeing her, Jake. He is on the basketball team with Edward and everything seems to be going along great when Bella finds out that Jake is Rebecca’s sister and is out for revenge for his sister. Not too long after Bella sees Edward sitting in his car and thinks he’s sleeping when in reality he is trapped and is passed out. The near death experience shows her that she really does want to be with him and he wants to be with her and so they try again, still keeping it from their friends that they had been together before.

"I think it's impossible for us to be friends. Especially after… December." 

"Haven't you forgiven me?" 

"I meant that I can't be just friends!" I whispered and blushed. 

"That means we're going to try again?" he asked, hopeful. 

There is so much going on in this story that you get hooked immediately. The author has a way of making you laugh at the best times. You have to come and read this great story and find out all about this cocky Edward and his Bella, and where life takes them. I know I eagerly wait for each and every update!

Banner by JaimeArkin

0 comments:

Post a Comment