WIP of the Week: 1/23/12

January 23, 2012

Fated Love by twilover76
Review by Agrutle

Rating: M
Genre: Romance/Hurt/Comfort
Characters: Edward & Bella

Summary: Bella's life is a somewhat lonely existence, until one day she unexpectedly meets her soulmate. SexyBella and Doctorward fall head over heels quickly. Will their friends and family approve of their whirlwind romance? AH/M for a reason

Love at first sight is thought of often as mythological, not real. Not so for Bella and Edward, after seeing each other in different spots of New York City, getting stuck in an elevator is exactly what the pair needed to get them together to see if the pull they felt before was real in the flesh.

Tragedy struck when Bella was just eighteen, having her dad, her only living parent, killed in the line of duty. Being an adult already, she was able to stay in her home and finish her senior year. She had the help of her brother, Emmett and his girlfriend, Rosalie. They would come home from college when they could to check on her. After Emmett gets drafted to play for the Chicago Bears, they ask her to move with them too. She wants them to have their own lives, and she feels like she’s already burdened them too much.

In New York City, after her best friends Angela’s wedding, Bella is trying to check out of her hotel room and gets the strangest sensation and turns around, sees him, and her heart starts to race. She is instantly attracted to him. Knowing that she most likely won’t see him again, she pushes it out of her mind and heads to the airport. A thunderstorm grounds the flights until the next day, so she heads back to her hotel room that she was charged for already. On the elevator, Bella and Edward start their love story.

"My name is Edward Cullen. I figured we should introduce ourselves," I said, giving her a smile. 

"Isabella Swan, but I prefer Bella." She smiled back. Her voice flowed over me like dark honey. Her smile alone made my heart pound. I had never felt anything like that before. I knew it was probably Lifetime movie network worthy, but I couldn't help it. I was smitten. 

"Bella. Beautiful. Very fitting." I nodded as I said her name out loud. I saw her blush, even in the dim glow of the emergency light. "It's nice to meet you, Bella." 

I couldn't resist leaning in a little closer and breathing in her potent and desirable scent. I inhaled sharply when her small hand reached up and brushed my cheek. I closed my eyes and leaned into her touch. She pulled back slightly, and I opened my eyes to see her biting her bottom lip. 

"Sorry. You….it's just….um…." she softly mumbled, as if embarrassed. 

"Shhh, beautiful. It's good. I liked it." I didn't want her to be embarrassed. I wanted her to touch me. Everywhere. That touch re-ignited my cock which was then painfully hard. I felt like an out-of-control teenager. 

"Really?" she asked, moving in closer. I held my breath in anticipation, thinking that she might initiate a kiss; I didn't want to do anything to scare her away. We were so close, I could feel her breath as she exhaled on my face. At the last second, instead of heading for my lips, she leaned into my neck and inhaled deeply. My hand that had been stroking her hair stopped on the back of her head, holding her close to me. 

"Can you feel this, too?" she whispered near my ear. 

"Yes, beautiful girl. I feel it. I don't know what it is, but I feel it, too," I said as she leaned back to bring us face to face again. Her hands moved around to the back of my neck, and she played with the ends of my hair. My eyes slid from hers down to her lips and back up again, silently asking permission. She smiled and nodded slightly; I slowly leaned forward, giving her plenty of opportunity to pull back if she wanted. Instead, she closed the gap herself, and our lips met halfway. 

That’s all it took, they spend the night together. Bella decides she can’t live without Edward and they talk about her moving to Chicago and living with him on a trial basis. If, once she gets there and they don’t mix well, no harm not foul, Emmett and Rose would be there and she could stay with them. To worry about this was ridiculous because they were two halves of a whole, soul mates. Things progress nicely and they fall in love even more daily.

"Bella." I said, grabbing her hands, and looking into her eyes. Please love me like I love you, beautiful girl. I dropped down to one knee in front of her, pulled out the small velvet box, opened it, and placed it in her hand. 

"Bella, my love. Every day I spend with you makes me fall in love with you even more. I can't thank God enough for bringing you into my life. I never believed in fate until I saw you crossing the lobby for that elevator and I knew with every cell in my body I had to get to you before those doors closed." She smiled at me through her tears. "I love you more than anything and I promise to love you and cherish you for the rest of my life. Isabella Marie Swan, will you marry me?" 

"Yes!" She sobbed. "Yes, my Edward, I will marry you. I love you so much." She was trembling with emotion as the tears ran down her face along with the rain. I slid the ring on her finger, her hand shaking, and she smiled at the perfect fit. The pixie strikes again. 

"It was my grandmother Masen's engagement ring. I hope you like it." I told her. 

Their whirlwind romance captures you from the start and you get caught up in the happiness they share. The author has that special something that makes you feel the butterflies of anticipation when the love birds are together. You must check out this beautiful story and show the author some love.

0 comments:

Post a Comment