WIP of the Week: 11/8-11/14

November 08, 2010

Rapture by AydenMorgen
Reviewed by RaeCullen

Rating: M
Genre: Crime/Romance
Characters: Edward/Bella

Summary: In the blink of an eye, her ballet career ended. His as a DEA agent is now on the line and lives are at stake. But when they meet on the dance floor, nothing even compares. Can they work together to stop the Volturi or will rapture tear them apart?


DEA agent Edward Cullen is in the middle of an investigation when he stumbles upon ex-dancer Isabella Swan. From the moment they first lay eyes on each other, the pure sexual energy surges from the computer screen. After breaking a few of his rules and subconsciously dragging her into a dangerous mess, Edward’s ultimate goal becomes keeping Isabella safe. Part of keeping her safe, is putting her at an arms length emotionally. He tries to convince himself, with no such luck, that everything with Isabella is purely physical (silly Edward, when will you learn?).

I’ve fallen in love with Ayden’s characters. Edward is passionate, sexy (did I mention he speaks 3 fluent languages and teaches jujutsu?!) possessive and somewhat of an arrogant bastard, but fuck if it isn’t hot! He’s met his match in Isabella though, that is for sure. She’s strong in so many levels and definitely keeps Edward on his toes.

Ayden's writing is some of the most beautiful and sensual I've ever read (and I read A LOT of fic) and leaves me panting and wanting more.

"You miss the choreography, don't you? Every movement evoking a sensation, every breath telling a story… the thrill of the crescendo… the way your heart would race when it was over and you were sweaty and sated…" He leaned a little closer, mind and body screaming for him to trace the same line her tongue had taken along her bottom lip with his own. He fought that demand, pushing it back ruthlessly. "You miss the way you felt, every eye on you, watching you let go and move…" he whispered instead, talking more or less out of his ass, but certain it was serving his purpose anyway.

He leaned forward again, and brushed his nose along her cheek until his lips met the shell of her ear. That little bit of contact was heaven and hell. An easing of aches and a burning for more all at the same time. "You're beautiful when you move, baby."

Unf. Need I show you more? Yes, yes I think I will.

"Mm… I think I want you under the lights so I can see you when you dance for me again, Isabella. Your hair down, your head thrown back in pleasure, sweat sliding down your body while I watch you chase that thrill that makes your heart beat faster… Does it make you wet, beautiful? Feeling the music deep inside while you move? I bet it does; bet it makes you ache all over with pleasure."

DEAward will make you fall (re: slide) off your chair from all the swooning and sexy dirty talk. He gets off on trying to convince her to beg for him (I'm about three seconds from begging him myself!).

"Beg me, Isabella," he breathed, lifting his hips and grinding his cock into her ass. Her head fell to the side, settling onto his shoulder.

"No."

"Beg me," he demanded through gritted teeth.

"No."

His head bent, his lips attaching themselves to the pale expanse of her neck, so recently exposed to him. Teeth nipped, tongue swirled over soft skin. His hand on her hip held firm, one finger beneath the fabric of her shorts… the others begging to join it and continue south to heaven. "Do you want me, Isabella?" he whispered against her neck. 

*fans self*

Rapture has the perfect mixture of palpable sexual tension, mixed signals and edge of your seat drama, danger, intensity and suspense. What are you waiting for?? Go. Read it now.

0 comments:

Post a Comment