Brand New Fic of the Week: 11/15-11/21

November 17, 2010

The Greatest Gift by Les16
Rating: M
Genre: Supernatural/Romance
Characters: Edward/Bella

Summary: Edward Cullen has the plane ride of his life when a mysterious flight companion changes his life in the blink of an eye. Edward will need the help of his wife, Isabella, to right the wrongs of his past before it's too late.

Ever wish you could change the past or right a wrong? Well, Edward Cullen is given the chance of a lifetime on a return flight from La Guardia to O'Hare. A man claiming to know everything about Edward and his seemingly perfect life offers him the chance to undo his mundane existence and live the life he was meant to live.

"What the hell do you want?" he demanded of the big man, tired of playing whatever game he was unwittingly a part of.


"I don't want anything, Edward Anthony Cullen. Like I said, my job, as it was put forth to me, is to help you get your life, such as it is, in order before it is your time to go," Seth told Edward.


"Go where?" Edward asked the Seth person…being. Whatever the hell he was.


Seth shrugged his shoulders at Edward and said, "Wherever it is you believe your soul goes after you die."


"You're telling me I'm going to die soon?" Edward asked Seth incredulously. "Impossible," he went on. "I'm young; I'm in perfect health. I have more money than I can spend in this lifetime…probably more than I can spend in ten lifetimes. I am a powerful man. I can have what I want, when I want. I am not going to die anytime soon," he stated emphatically.


Seth shrugged his shoulders at Edward and regarded him shrewdly. "Big deal, Eddie. You are rich and powerful. You think the world should bow at your feet and you have no time for those you have deemed unworthy of you. But you can't have everything you want. You can't buy immortality and you can't buy the affections of your lovely Isabella.”

Edward has let his life pass him by, he married the love of his life Isabella in a lavish wedding in Italy 5 years ago, and instead of cherishing each and every day with her they eat dinners alone and sleep in separate rooms. For no reason other than his inexplicable ability to turn off emotions and become cold and distant. The author has created characters that even 3 chapters in, I feel fully invested in. The love that is between this Edward and Bella is what fairy tales are made of, the problem lies that neither has the bravery to express it.

The second thing that Edward noticed was by far the most enchanting. There his wife lay, sleeping peacefully in the chaise while the wind kissed her skin with its soft breeze. Isabella Marie was the most exquisite and magnificent creature he had ever laid eyes on, and his heart filled with so many different things he couldn't name them all if he tried. Need, want, shame, guilt, but most of all love.

Deep, wondrous, everlasting love.

I cannot wait to see were this author takes us. Will our Edward make things with his Isabella right? We haven’t even dealt with the other people in Edward’s life, yet. As the mystery of this story thickens I am excited to see more of this authors beautiful words and interesting plot. It is a wonderfully original story that has a great start.

Banner by Jaimearkin

0 comments:

Post a Comment