WIP of the Week: 11/22-11/28

November 22, 2010

The Singer and the Sorrow by MG2112
Reviewed by Obsmama

Rating: M
Genre: Romance/Hurt/Comfort
Characters: Edward/Bella

Summary: Bella Swan is a graduate student drawn into a world of dreams. Edward Cullen is a beautiful immortal vampire. High in the hills of the Tuscany region of Italy is a town called Volterra that inexplicably links these two disparate lives.

I felt the breath on my neck again, and I swore I felt a soft cheek nuzzling and kissing my neck.

"I love you, my exquisite Isabella."

I gasped awake, shuddering, coming and moaning. Panting, I ran my hands to my hair in disbelief. I must have been dreaming. "What…. the hell was… that?" I said to no one.

This is how we are introduced to Bella Swan, a grad student who is working on her Master’s thesis and is saying goodbye to her best friend Alice, who is leaving with her new husband to live in Paris for 3 months. She has watched as her best friend find her soul mate, her other half, and now they are embarking on a new life together while Bella longs to find the same. When she suddenly is struck with dreams of a mysterious stranger who is seducing her and making her feel things she never knew possible.


The kiss I felt upon my lips was soft and cool, yet oh, so sweet. I wanted to whisper a name, but my mind was cloudy, like my eyes. I felt another kiss; this one was deeper and I felt the need, the love and passion it held. My heart was filled with joy and I poured myself into the kiss. Strong, yet tender arms wrapped around my waist and pulled me close.

I felt a delightful chill run down my spine as I felt and smelled his sweet breath whisper in my ear, "My love… my Isabella…"

I felt such elation at the words and threw myself into the kiss with even more passion, if that were possible. I felt my love's kisses tenderly move down my neck and slowly across my collarbone. I moaned and felt us lay back onto a bed. I ran my hands up his strong, firmly muscled arms and began to unbutton his shirt. He subsequently made quick effort of removing my corset and skirt.

His mouth found my breasts and I groaned as he pressed his hardness against me. "My god… I love you," I whimpered and lifted my hips to rub against him.

His mouth suckled and tugged at each nipple in turn making me writhe with desire beneath him. "My sweet Isabella. Oh god, my sweet Isabella…"

Running parallel with Bella’s story is the story of a broken vampire, Edward, who is being kept in the basement of the Cullen house and being cared for by his family. He seems to be experiencing the same dreams as Bella, much to the astonishment of Carlisle, seeing how vampires don’t sleep or dream.

This story is a beautifully woven tale of mystery and history. We see how Bella and Edward knew of each other in the early 19th century and what a beautiful love affair they shared then. The author has an amazingly well thought out plot and without giving too much away, I must say some of the most original characters written in fic. There is so much to learn from these characters and I am so excited to see where she is leading us. I will leave you with a taste of what is in store for you as a reader.

He was ready to begin creating his trophy to Bella. He always started with the pictures. James had pictures of Bella walking to and from her truck, Bella leaving the library and Bella sitting in class. He had pictures of Bella on her patio, at her kitchen window and through her bedroom window, all in varying state of undress. These, of course, were his favorites, so he printed them much larger. The pictures of partially clad Bella he planned to lovingly place in the center of his creation – at its heart. He also had a letter from her mother, a hair elastic she had worn when jogging, a postcard from someone named Alice, a note she had thrown in the trash when working at the library, a carefully flattened Starbucks cup with the name of her favorite drink written on it and a pair of her panties he stole from the building's laundry room where she did her wash.

Her naked body was what he wanted; it was her naked body that needed to be hunted, controlled and dominated by his. This beautiful doe would be just another in his long list of prey. He had hunted in so many cities, each one of his prey had its own challenges, but by the time he caught her he was at the peak of his hunter's form

0 comments:

Post a Comment