Completed Fic of the Week: 2/21-2/27

February 22, 2011

Through Glass by Tianiichan
Review by marriedmyedward

Rating: M
Genre: Romance/Angst
Characters: Edward/Bella

Summary: Bella's loved Jasper since the day she saw him. Only problem? He's loved Alice for that long as well. When she says goodbye to them at their wedding, who will help her over her broken heart? AU/AH/OOC

As I was told what stories needed to be reviewed yet and I looked at the list, Through Glass just jumped right out at me for some reason and I immediately said I would review this story. I blamed it mainly on the fact that I just love that song by Stonesour at first, but the more I read this story, the more I realized, the story chose me (yes I know...as stupid as it sounds but I swear it's true lol).

This story is so different from anything I've read before. Mainly how loving one person all your life can suddenly change by the meeting of another.

The story starts out at a wedding. The wedding of Jasper and Alice. Bella is the maid of honor. Turns out that Bella is in love with Jasper and has been since she met him in high school. Bella feels so heartbroken by the time Jasper and Alice left for the reception, that she gets into a fight with Jasper's sister Rose, and ends up getting a ride home from Emmett, Rose's husband. Bella never makes it to the reception and basically picked up everything she owns and moves out to Jacksonville to be closer to her mom, and to keep her distance from Jasper and Alice, because it hurt too much to see them together.

After a few months down in Jacksonville, Bella decides that she needs to call her best friend and at least tell her why she just suddenly moved away and never showed up at their reception. That phone call would be the start to a chain of events that would change lives forever. Not to mention it would lead to a certain party and the colliding of doors into heads that would make Bella think differently about how her life is going thus far.

This story has not only owned me from the moment I started reading it, but it's also hot! I find that I tend to need to fan myself (or take advantage of the hubby) after reading some of the scenes.

His lips never leave my skin; they travel down the side of my face to my neck, spreading kisses all over the right side, back up to my ear, and then down to my collarbone. His hands creep their way along the outside of my arms and around as he grabs and pulls them up, linking my hands behind his neck. Then sliding his hands back down, he grips my shoulders from behind, pulling me away from him in such a way as to make my back arch. His lips move from my collarbone, skimming across my clothed chest until he reaches the top of my breasts. He bites down gently on the top of my right breast before pulling back and looking into my face.

I'm sure I look a mess; my body is so hot that I'm sure I am covered in red. My hair is probably in knots from having his hands in it, but I can't bring myself to care about any of that or anything else either. The way he's looking at me, I'm sure he won't even have to touch me again to send me flying over the edge.

**Fans self just rereading that passage**

So make sure to go read Through Glass because you won’t regret it. It will have you hooked from the moment you start it and you just won’t want to stop reading it.

Banner by JaimeArkin

0 comments:

Post a Comment