WIP of the Week: 10/3/11

October 03, 2011

A Multitude of Sins by lvtwilight09
Review by Maxandmo

Rating: M
Genre: Romance/Drama
Characters: Edward & Bella

Summary: New parish priest & school principal Edward Cullen finds himself tempted by the person he least expects. Will he be able to keep his vows or will he find himself lost in a multitude of sins?


The minute I heard the term 'Priestward' I just had to check out A Multitude of Sins. I had no idea what to expect, but I was pleasantly surprised. It deals with the feelings and desires of a priest and a nun. This fic is considered a drabble, meaning that the updates are short, but often. Ivtwilight09 is a very receptive author who responds to reviews and is extremely gracious.

Father Cullen is the new principal of a Catholic School, and is also the parish priest. Sister Isabella also teaches at the school, and is a nun at the parish. The minute they see each other sparks fly.

"The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ and the love of God and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit…" And that's when I see her, causing me to lose my train of thought as I feel stirrings within my body…ones I haven't had to truly deal with for years. Channeling your focus onto God kind of helps keep those feelings in check, and now I feel guilty…it may not be in the bible, but I'm pretty sure that being a priest and sporting wood while conducting mass is frowned upon. 

They both feel guilty about their desires, trying to ignore their attraction, an attraction that is unbeknownst to each other. They are left secretly wanting one another, and no matter how hard they try to ignore it, their dreams are a different story.

I wake up panting, my body covered in sweat, the dream still lingering in my memory. 

Looking around my bed, the sheets are a tangled mess and I become well aware of an uncomfortable stickiness that has taken up residence in my boxers. I groan at the realization that I've had a wet dream, something I haven't had to deal with since I was a teenager. 

Sighing, I get up strip out of my soiled clothes and take a shower as I try to wash away the memory of the fact that not only did I have a wet dream, but I had a wet dream about a nun…I'm so going to hell. 

Sister Isabella confesses her impure thoughts to Father Marcus who instructs her to spend as much time in her room in prayer and reflection. Father Cullen decides a visit to his family's home will give him the opportunity to confess to his brother.

What will happen when they learn that they're not alone in their temptation? Will they continue to fight against their hearts, or will they give in to their feelings?

Now is a great time to give this fic a try. It's 14 chapters in, and only 8,000+ words.

0 comments:

Post a Comment