Completed Fic of the Week: 5/2 - 5/8

May 03, 2011

ABC Countdown by Aylah50
Review by AnonymouslysufferingfromOCD

Rating: M
Genre: Romance/Humor
Characters: Edward/Bella

Summary: With only twenty-six days left of school, second grade teacher Bella is supposed to be running her classroom ABC Countdown. However, all she can think about is her sexy co-worker Edward, and the much naughtier version of the ABC Countdown he inspires.

This week’s completed fic is a short 6 chapter, 50k word fic.

Our countdown begins with the letters A,B & C and a Bella who is seriously crushing on a recently divorced Edward. The typical ABC countdown is counting down the last 26 days of school with the grade school kids. Bella, however, can’t keep her mind off of Edward and all of the letters that he inspires.

Bella, who recently moved to Forks, to help take care of Charlie after a work related injury, forms a quick friendship with Alice, Edward’s sister and Rosalie, their sister-in-law. We learn through a couple of flashbacks that she immediately started crushing on Edward, however at that time it was a lost cause because he was married to his high school sweetheart, the ever annoying Tanya.

Bella watches as Edward goes through a very nasty divorce after he finds out that Tanya has cheated on him, nothing stays secret in a town as small as Forks, of course.

After months of pining, Bella finds herself day dreaming much like her students the last month of school.

Twenty-six days left of school. That's when the teachers in the primary grades began our ABC countdown: each day we did a fun activity starting with a letter in the alphabet. Today was "A" and my second graders were doing Arts and Crafts.

But me? All I could think about was Mr. Cullen's ass.

After Bella’s ABC’s and an impromptu almost kiss in Chapter 1, we move onto Chapter 2 where we have Edward holding Bella at arm’s length, a little bit of flirting, and Edward finding Bella’s personal ABC countdown on her computer we finally have some much needed lemons!

“Don't read that!" I yelled out as I attempted to climb down back onto the chair I'd used as a stepstool. "That's not the right one!"
 
My sweaty hands tried to grip the chair as I climbed down backwards onto it and I lost my footing, falling onto the hard floor with a heavy thud. I put my face in my hands, trying to hide from the reality that he was without a doubt reading my "ABC Countdown: 26 Days of Sexy Edward Cullen."

"I printed out the one that had the letters 'SEC' with it….I thought it was for second grade." His low, gravelly voice murmured quietly and I heard him walking slowly towards me. I kept my face hidden in my hands and began rocking backing and forth, overcome with pure humiliation.

Before I knew it he was standing directly above me and I couldn't hide from him any longer. Dropping my hands to my sides, I looked up at him in defeat, utterly embarrassed.

We find out quickly that the elusive Mr. Cullen may have some hidden feelings of his own, as we watch their relationship grow from a pretty smutty beginning to him actually admitting his feelings. They keep things secret for a little while but as I said earlier, things in Forks tend not to stay secret for long…

We heard a feminine voice clearing her throat from the doorway and we both froze. Edward's hands dropped as we both turned to see who was there.

Jane stood at my classroom door, her arms crossed over her chest.

"I assume you two have something to tell me?"

This is a really great short story. Aylah50 does a wonderful job with keeping us interested and wanting more. If you are looking for a quick read with a lot of humor, a lot of lemons, a little bit of nuttiness and a lot of fluff this is the one for you. The word that comes to mind when thinking about this story is fluffernutter, and if you have had a fluffernutter sandwich, I mean what is not to love? For those of you that haven’t, marshmallow fluff and peanut butter, it is like a match made in heaven, kind of like Edward and Bella.

If I had to change anything about this story it would be its length, fortunately Alyah50 is considering continuing it, so go read and tell her you want her to continue!

Hope you enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment